Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things--probably not very interesting

So I went to Cincinnati today, after having a lovely (fun? interesting?) lunch with Lydia and Brenda. Who gave me a present, I suspect because they actually were ready to leave home early (I never am) and went shopping to kill the time. It's a really, really cute glass baby chicken, to go in the window with the other glass chickens they gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. Really, really cute.

At any rate, I managed to avoid driving to Lexington yesterday, AND I have decided NOT to have any more PT before I go back to the shoulder orthopod next week, as I don't think the PT has been doing any good at all, and it takes a lot of time.

On the other hand, Cisco is back from Mexico, legal now and all that stuff, but industries are not exactly hiring mechanical engineers in droves, so he's working for us again.

Fixing the mess in the ceiling in my office/room upstairs, actually, which I hope will be the only time it has to be fixed, as I hope that guy last spring actually fixed the leak in the roof. But I am also getting rid of all the $5 ugly wooden bookcases I bought from the house down the street on Cochran after that lady died.

Soooo, I went to Cincinnati today to get some cupboards and bookcases from IKEA, and Cisco is going to put them together for me. He is ALSO going to help me get rid of a lot of the crap in that room; there is so much of it that it is really, really hard to get anything done. Another problem is that the file drawers in there now are very, VERY difficult for me to use. I sort of have to stand on my head, if you know what I mean, and it's hard.

I am doing all this while being optimistic that the knee orthopod I'm going to will be able to make it be not so difficult to go up and down the stairs. This will evidently involve more surgery (torn meniscus on my right knee) and then some series of injections on both knees of some sort of stuff that is supposed to (1) lubricate things like my kneecaps which have no cartilage and are rubbing bone-on-bone when I do crazy things like try to go up and down stairs, and (2) allow/facilitate the patella to replace the missing cartilage. It would indeed be nice to be able to go up and down stairs...it's a quality of life issue, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment