Monday, September 14, 2009

back to politics and religion

I have really, really annoyed my cousin who, I think, accused me of being unpatriotic and a disgrace to my late father. This because (at least, I think because) I refuse to believe that everything that comes out of Obama's mouth and out of his office is necessarily evil.

And while I never much liked George Bush (43), what I really, REALLY objected to was the irrationality of cutting taxes and then starting a war (we won't get into its relative merits) and then not vetoing any spending bills (until a stem cell research bill, much later), on top of which not including the cost of the actual war in the budget. This was fiscally irresponsible and we'll be paying for it for a long time. Like Lyndon Johnson; he expanded the Vietnam war and didn't want to raise taxes to do it, and we paid for it for a LONG time.

I just don't think most things are black and white. They are shades of gray.

So there. And I am NOT a disgrace to my father.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you all the way.

    I'm especially horrified by not including the wars in the budget. Wouldn't that be impeachable?

    ReplyDelete