Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gourmet

Gourmet is better than it was when Ruth Reichl first took over as editor, but I still don't think it's as good as it used to be. It's a good thing that I had just renewed my subscription for three years when she first took over, as otherwise I would have cancelled whenever it was up. There were soooooo many pages of ads (still are, but not quite as bad), and I didn't like a lot of the stuff they did. Then she redeemed it with that Paris issue, and a recent one had an article (albeit far too short) with photos about the Cadouin night market, near our cottage in France.

But it's still erratic. This last one, the ABC (or alphabet, or what have you) issue has some interesting food and photos in it, but notwithstanding that it's about ABC's, I would argue that it's random. And there doesn't seem to be any rhythm to the magazine; I guess I miss the continuity it used to have from one issue to the next. And this may be simply a complaint I have because of my age, but there...

Not exactly about "food", but not far off...I read the issue while I was getting a pedicure this afternoon...

Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment