Thursday, October 29, 2009

HELP

Actually, it's okay. Phil is better. The chicken croquettes were lousy, but hey, the ricotta and spinach ravioli were good. Yesterday I went to Lex on a mission to purchase some pork belly (they have it at Critchfield's, hey, it may be a miracle) and plan to make bacon AND pork rillettes. One problem is that Aaron may never enjoy this, as he doesn't eat pork. his loss...

And I also bought a frozen duck. Had planned to just purchase duck breasts to (probably) make magrets sechees, (dried duck breasts, folks), but two duck breasts (one duck) was >$16, while an entire bird was < $20, so I bought the whole thing. We had the legs tonight, which I didn't start until after 7:00 p.m., and they were, shall we say, underwhelming. So there. We'll see about the dried duck breasts. I could just take myself to France, where it's all available, all the time, although magrets sechees is very expensive. I suspect I could make it over there, HOWEVER.

I've also been in a real snit lately. Internet is awful. not sure whether it's the satellite, the modem, the wireless router, or the Starband ISP. But it is seriously underwhelming and very, very frustrating.

I have been trying very hard to get my websites which I have paid good money for up and running, etc., and it seems to be an uphill battle when one is a limited in skills (!) as I am and as impatient as I am. And also, the Internet is as undependable as it is. Bitch, bitch....

So there.

I'll keep you posted, if anybody cares.

I do hate soaps.

Lillie

1 comment:

  1. My sympathy with internet connection. We've lived through (and eventually solved) major ongoing problems with it. We have intermittent problems now. Each time Charles says he ought go up in the attic where the wires are.

    Glad Phil's better. Hope Martin is also.

    ReplyDelete