Saturday, October 31, 2009

dinner on Saturday HALLOWEEN

I am very sad to say that we get no (NO! ZERO!) Trick-or-Treaters out here on the farm. I always loved Trick-or-Treat-ing. Whether I was doing it, or my kids were doing it, or whatever. We got a lot of them when we lived on Cochran Road in Chevy chase in Lexington. Ah, well...

Had Therese Lew and her sister Gillian over for dinner tonight and it was great fun. Gillian is here for six weeks, I think, from Melbourne. Haven't seen her in some years. John dislocated his shoulder last week, etc. I made pate from chicken livers, Stanley Demos's recipe, sort of, and bruschetta with fresh tomatoes on them, for hors d'oeuvres. Dinner was veal scaloppini (no clue how to actually spell this) sauteed in butter and olive oil with chopped shallots, with flour on it, white wine, and then chicken broth and finally bleu d'auvergne cheese ( a blue cheese from central France that melts well..). Mashed potatoes. And then a salad with balsamic and walnut oil. Good red wine from France (!). French bread, of course. So THERE...

Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment