Sunday, October 25, 2009

Couple of things, how about food?

Haven't cooked in a couple of days. The boys have been sick, both of them. Martin got a cold while we were in NYC, and as we were all in the same hotel room, we got to listen to him trying to breathe and sleep (he snores, and he sounded like he was drowning, sorry Tino). So the day we flew back (Monday) he said his left ear was bothering him. I've heard this before. By the time Martin says his ear aches "a little", it means two things: (1) both ears are badly infected; and (2) the ear that aches "a little" is about to blow. So we went to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon, and he told her that his ear ached "a little" and "off and on". She looked into it and sorta gasped. And then she looked at the one that wasn't "bothering" him, and it of course was infected as well. So, he's been on a Z-Pack all week. Problem is, Phil got sick, too. So far I haven't. Phil stayed home TWO DAYS, one of them a day when one of his courses has its seminar. And Martin first got better, and then yesterday he had fever and clearly felt rotten. Where do you hurt? "I don't know". Does your head hurt? "No". How about your nose, etc.? "Stuffy". Okay, do you ache anywhere? "I ache everywhere". I think he has swine flu.

He told me he would be "devastated" (his word) if he couldn't go to church today. They were singing Wesley's "Blessed Be the God and Father"...which is indeed wonderful. It sort of wasn't an issue.

I am so sick of taking care of sick boys. And the weather has turned cold, and all my bones ache. I haven't cooked in three days...So there.

Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment