Wednesday, October 21, 2009

back to Gourmet

Well, the November issue arrived last Friday just before we left for New York. I read it after we came back. I'm still really, really angry. There are all these postcards inside wanting you to subscribe, give a subscription to all your friends, and also I KEEP SEEING ADS ONLINE TRYING TO GET ME TO SUBSCRIBE TO GOURMET. This is torture.

On top of which, when I heard the interview Ruth Reichl had given on Fresh Air (NPR, just before All Things Considered), but I might have read it somewhere else, the December and January issues were about ready to go to press. SO why exactly can't they go ahead and print those and send them to me? Evidently I am going to get a subscription to Bon Appetit as a substitute. I suppose I could write them and tell them I don't want it, to send my money back instead, just to be ornery.

I'm still furious.

So there.

1 comment:

  1. Give me a clue. They are still advertising for people to subscribe to Gourmet??? People are going to be really puzzled to receive Bon Appetit instead.

    ReplyDelete