Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the boys

Phil is still sick. Is doing a thesis defense over the phone from home; this will be a three hour phone call, folks. Martin finally seems to be on the mend. He clearly feels better, and wants to go to work (!). I think he's FINALLY sick of Full House, Little House and Days of our Lives. Has been watching Star Wars and Lion, Witch & Wardrobe. I told him he couldn't go anywhere until he'd been fever-free for 24 hours, and he's been in here checking his temperature every couple of hours. Wants very badly to go to rehearsal tonight, but Erich told him to wait until Saturday (this is the week Gerre Hancock is coming to conduct).

I'm tired of being in a house with sick men.

I may make some bouillabaisse. That always cheers me up. Last night I was busy making ravioli when I was told they really only wanted soup. A can of tomato soup it was. I should finish the ravioli, shouldn't I. Stuffed with spinach and ricotta, and I was also all set to make chicken croquettes. Leftover boiled chicken. The sauce that holds them together has chicken broth instead of milk in it, but whatever. Probably still edible.

If I'm back cooking, I guess I'm in a better mood. So there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm relieved that Martin is better and you haven't caught it.
    Hope Phil gets over it posthaste.

    I've caught something. Not flu, I don't think, cause not running fever.

    ReplyDelete