Friday, March 5, 2010

random thoughts--am bummed out, so read at your own risk...

The sun is out for the second day in a row. MAYBE IT'S A TREND...

I'm a Democrat, but here are some things I'm sick and tired of:
harry reid
nancy pelosi
ben nelson
that guy stupak
charles rangel
gov. paterson in NY
john mccain (I realize he's not a democrat but I'm sick of him, too)
john too-tan boehner (see John mccain)
eric cantor (ditto)
joe lieberman whatever or whoever he is
rick perry (ditto again)
health care (Obama is absolutely correct: everything that can be said about the bills floating around has been said, far too many times, by far too many people...let's vote)
jim the baseball player bunning (ditto) and the WSJ reaction to his bizarre behavior...all ignoring what every economist on either side of the political spectrum says...at least bunning won't be around much longer, but he's an embarrassment to kentucky (if you're not from Kentucky, brilliant bunning said during the recent gubernatorial contest that Dan-the-Italian-M.D.-Mongiardo, who was running for Lieutenant Governor, looked "like Saddam Hussein's son"... too a room full of Republican donors, however, there was a reporter sitting there taping it)...

I've quit reading the newspapers and watching the news. That leaves Antiques RoadShow, which unfortunately comes on only once a week.

Am also tired of the Academy Awards and they haven't even happened yet.

Am so bummed out I actually watched a basketball game the other day. UK beat Georgia, I think it was. They looked really amateurish at first and then blew it away. These freshmen like John Wall are ready for the pro's???? Puleeze, give me a break.

Am tired of having RA, a degenerative spine, constant pain, etc. My right arm, wrist, and hand are driving me crazy again and my GP is afraid it's because of another pinched nerve in my neck. Lower back pain, leg pain, foot pain I can generally cope with, but I need my arm, wrist and hand. This is not good news, but I guess I will have to go back to a neurosurgeon if it doesn't go away.

Am profoundly uninterested in cleaning up my office and dealing with both bills and taxes.

Tired of it being cold, and it's still really too cold in the kitchen to cook much.

So there.

I'm going to Texas next week; maybe it will be pleasantly (but not terribly) warm, and maybe the bluebonnets will be out...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lillie,

    I don't have the hang of the blog thing yet. Hope Texas is having nice weather. Haven't seen bluebonnets in years...

    Jan M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention -- Joe Lieberman is my senator (bummer).

    Jan

    ReplyDelete