Wednesday, March 31, 2010

food and other things

I finally laid my hands on some more cheesecloth, rolled up the pancetta, and started another batch of duck breast prosciutto (two pieces, one whole breast). They are all hanging now in the pantry. We'll see how it goes. I do need to make some bacon, don't I.

My pal Gretchen is on a real anti-Mitch McConnell trip, and is trying to find a Ditch Mitch bumper sticker for her car. Problem is, he just (barely) was re-elected to yet another term in the Senate last year, so everybody who hates him has given up on trying to make him unemployed. She is having a difficult time finding a Ditch Mitch bumper sticker, so is making one herself. If I hadn't thrown them out, I would give her my old Ditch Mitch yard signs, but I fear they are history.

Cheers, tomorrow is April Fool's Day.

1 comment: