Tuesday, February 23, 2010

new culinary invention

So I sort of invented something tonight, and the boys liked it A LOT. It's not exactly low-calorie, but it is full of veg.

Filling:
1 shallot
1 chopped onion (it was red because that's what I had)
1 8 oz pkg. mushrooms
most of a bag of frozen chopped spinach
goat cheese
grated parmesan
salt, pepper, nutmeg, a bit of butter and a bit of EVOO

1 sheet of puffed pastry

So I sauteed the chopped shallot and onion in some butter, added the chopped mushrooms, cooked them a bit, added the spinach, seasoned it with salt, pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg. Decided it needed some EVOO. Put in a big blob of goat cheese, probably about 6 ounces, until it melted, added a handful of grated parmesan.

Rolled out the pastry. Decided to cut it into pieces, ended up with 6, put a big (BIG) blob in the middle of a piece, folded it up around it and sealed it, put egg white on top, and baked them.

The boys really like them. (and they are full of veg...)

Decided I needed to write it down before I forget what I did. This way it's also online, not scratched on a piece of paper I'll lose.

Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment