Tuesday, April 13, 2010

this and that

I've decided that reading political stuff and agonizing over it is bad for my blood pressure. and makes no difference in the long run. So I am ignoring most of it. This unfortunately means I don't get to pay much attention to my favorite newspaper and online sources, but so be it...

Have spent the last several days trying to get all the bits and pieces of paper, not to mention a great deal of much-postponed filing, in folders. This is not just boring; it is also traumatic. And the next time the orthopod at Lexington clinic tries to talk me into letting him do surgery on either of both of my knees (and also offer to pray about it, overdose me with acetaminophen/tylenol, and relegate me to try to get around on crutches with my badly damaged arthritic shoulders and hips...but hey it was all in the official protocol), somebody out there PLEASE STOP ME!!!

I found Christmas cards with lovely photos of beautiful kids that I hadn't managed to open (lots of this from just after the ghastly surgery, that, folks, did NO GOOD...). Also of course there were bills, etc., that have been ignored. I'm trying very hard to get things under control AND to drag myself, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century...

On another front: the duck breast prosciutto is very, very good. Haven't tried the pancetta yet, but it may be very good, too. It's about ready.

And another thing, I bought a charcoal smoker from Lowe's the other day when I bought the new, very sophisticated (compared to the other ones we used to own that were supposed to be not just wonderful, but also indestructible...), grill/outdoor cooker that uses a propane tank. We'll see.

I hate baseball. Even more than I hate basketball...so there...

I'd rather be sewing, cooking, making sausage, etc., and cooking than dealing with boring paperwork. So there...

Cheers, Lillie


1 comment: