Monday, February 1, 2010

back to food

So last night Martin ate sweetbreads. He didn't know it was sweetbreads (if you don't know what this is, it's the veal thymus gland). I salted and peppered them, coated them with flour, and sauteed them in a combination of EVOO and butter. Told Martin it was chicken, put a slice of lemon alongside on his plate. He not only ate the stuff; he asked for more.

Am making sauerkraut, and have managed to make a big mess on the counter in the pantry with my sauerkraut bowl covered with a dish towel. Ended up with salty water all over the counter. bummer.

The duck breast prosciutto is very good, albeit a bit salty if you eat it alone. I think I tend to leave things in the salt cure a bit too long. It is definitely seriously good, though. And my latest batch of cured salmon is better, dill this time instead of fennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment