Wednesday, August 26, 2009

more observations

I am still trying to figure out how to track "hits" to a blog...

Today was our anniversary (37, how can that be?) and neither of us was in much of a mood to celebrate. So we watched all this stuff about Ted Kennedy, and I actually agree with most of the eulogies about his being the "lion" in the Senate, and about his being the one of the four Kennedy brothers who will have the longest and most lasting legacy. And I still have a problem with it all. Who was it that said that "some people grow up and go into politics, but Ted Kennedy went into politics and then grew up"? and he or she (probably a he) was right, and hearing the string of comments from Kennedy about health care is WONDERFUL, but I still have a bit of problem with all of it. Mind you, I hope and pray that his death will be the impetus to get a serious health care piece of legislation passed (forgive me, all you Republican friends and relatives of mine out there: trust me, I agree with you on SOME issues, but on health care, I turn into a single issue voter...I want MEDICARE for EVERYONE! including CONGRESSMEN/CONGRESSPERSONS/ESPECIALLY people in congress...so THERE)

But I still have some problems with Ted Kennedy...however, all things considered, he is the "Lion in Winter", the "last Lion", etc. and I mourn his passing...so there...

No comments:

Post a Comment