Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kentucky

Trouble is, I LIKE Kentucky. It's lovely, there are four seasons, it's got flowers, hot weather, albeit too humid, cold weather, lots of crops, fruit that grows, no hurricanes (tornadoes instead), but I always get irritated this time of year because it's too hot and humid. Makes no sense. It's not all that hot, and for that matter, it's not all that humid, but I always get irritated. There are four seasons, and this hot one is always short. Without it, I don't think the house would smell the way it does (old), and I like that, and there wouldn't be so much corn and so many tomatoes, and things like that, but the heat this time of year always irritates me. Maybe it's the Texan in me, who, no matter what the weather, needs a lot of sky. This time of year, when everything is gorgeous, ALL the trees are full, and they are big and tall, not short and squat like the trees you have in Texas (even the Live Oaks aren't very tall: they are just very WIDE). Maybe it's because there's not enough sky. This changes in the winter. Fall/winter/spring there's a lot more sky.

Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment