Friday, December 18, 2009

cassoulet

I'm in a mood to go back to France, even though the weather there is at least as bad as it is here, and all my joints hurt here, so it really wouldn't be better there. But it smells different...looks different...things like that.

I did something drastic a week ago, and ordered a Cassoulet "kit" from d'Artagnan. Included not only confit duck legs (which I can make myself), but also the right kind of beans, sausage, garlic sausage, and a couple of other things I can't get here OR make myself. Have started the beans, so I need to make the cassoulet tomorrow. We'll see if it's any good.

I'm also trying to figure out what to make during Christmas week. We're not having turkey, rather leg of lamb, which is okay to make, but I don't eat lamb (allergies...), AND a leg of lamb won't be enough to feed as many people as we'll have here for Christmas dinner.

Am thinking about making a Buche de Noel. Sarah and I have been threatening to make one for years; it's a traditional Christmas dessert in France.

I may also make a Beef Wellington while Sarah and Aaron are here, but won't make it with pate and truffles as the "stuffing" (the stuff wrapped around the beef tenderloin between the meat and the pastry), but rather a mushroom stuffing, including some rather strange mushrooms, as well as the regular ones. Not sure what else.

Please advise...

Cheers, Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment